5.08.2013

Greek Pizza

Found recipe here - http://allrecipes.com/recipe/greek-pizza-with-spinach-feta-and-olives/

I bought a big thing of feta at Costco and have been looking for recipes to use it!

pizza crust - there was a sale on Pillsbury pre-made crusts for $1.20 so I bought a bunch for those nights when you don't have time to make one. I think they actually taste pretty good and are so easy to use!

1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup feta

1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/8 cup olives
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup baby spinach leaves
1/4 cup feta
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
*mozerella cheese


  1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position, and heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix mayonnaise, garlic and feta in a small bowl. Place pizza crust on a cookie sheet; spread mayonnaise mixture over pizza, then top with tomatoes, olives and oregano. Bake until heated through and crisp, about 10 minutes.
  2. Toss spinach and onion with the 1 Tb. sun-dried tomato oil. Top hot pizza with spinach mixture and remaining feta cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes longer. 
I adjusted the recipe for us. We don't like olives, so left those out altogether. I chopped the spinach to sprinkle on top. I added mozerella cheese on top too (recipe actually calls for double the amount of feta). I just used fresh sliced tomatoes (though I did just order some sundried tomato seasoning from Pampered Chef I am excited to get!) and sprinkled it with some greek seasoning. I thought it turned out yummy and is a nice variation to add to the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment